Kurukshetra University's Network will be Strengthened at International Level, MoU signed with Seven Universities
- 30 Sep 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
Kurukshetra University (KU) in Kurukshetra district of Haryana signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with seven reputed international universities during the 29th IMT-GT meeting held in blended mode in Batam city of Indonesia on September 27, 2023.
- The agreement was signed by Prof. Somnath Sachdeva, Vice Chancellor of Kurukshetra University (KU).
- The agreement includes six Indonesian universities- Syiah Kuala University, Universitas Lampung, Maritime University of Raja Ali Haji, Universitas Sumatera Utara, Universitas Jambi, and Universitas Riau.
- Apart from this, a University of Technology, Mara of Malaysia has also become part of this agreement.
- Kurukshetra University (KU) will establish a strong network of academic partnerships with these seven prestigious international universities, enabling students and faculty members to exchange.
- The MoU will establish an important academic partnership with Kurukshetra University's Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle University Network (IMT-GT Unit). The IMT UNINET network comprises 27 universities from three countries.
- “Through these MoUs, KU has become the first university in the country to expedite the implementation of projects and programmes of cooperation between IMT-GT and India.
- Speaking on the occasion, Vice-Chancellor Prof. Somnath Sachdeva said that a new era has been ushered in for academic excellence and international cooperation for the University. These MoUs will provide new avenues, which will provide many opportunities for our students to be actively involved in the internationalization of higher education in line with the National Education Policy 2020.
- During this agreement, the country's High Commissioner to Malaysia B.N. Prof. R.K. Reddy, Prof. T.S., Dr. Haja Rozia Mohammed, Janor and Vice Chancellors of seven participating universities from Indonesia and Malaysia participated.