Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Public Health Engineering and Ground Water, Dr. Subodh Agrawal approved mega projects worth Rs 1062 crore 77 lakh for Pratapgarh district of the state.
- Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that 524 villages of Pratapgarh, Arnod and Peepalkhunt areas of Pratapgarh district have got approval for these projects to provide water to every household from Jakham dam.
- Under this drinking water scheme, the drinking water problem of 136 of Pratapgarh Panchayat Samiti, 106 of Dhamottar, 83 of Arnod, 103 of Dalot and 96 of Suhagpura Panchayat Samiti, i.e., a total of 524 villages and Dhanis will be solved from Jakham dam in Pratapgarh district.
- This project has been prepared keeping in mind the drinking water demand of 55 liters per person per day for the year 2053 with a projected population of 6 lakh 17 thousand 407. Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, 82 thousand 525 water connections will be given to every household from this project.
- It is noteworthy that in order to provide pure drinking water from Mahi Dam to 399 villages of Kushalgarh and Sajjangarh Panchayat Samiti of Banswara district, a drinking water project worth Rs. 211 crore 60 lakh has also been given administrative and financial approval.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the ' Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana to help farmers set up solar power plants on their unused or barren land.
- The 'Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana' will facilitate farmers to earn a livelihood by giving their unused land to set up solar power plants at remunerative lease rate and raise their standard of living.
- An online portal has been developed under the scheme, where farmers/land owners can register their land for leasing out for setting up solar power plants.
- The land developers can view the land details put up by the said farmers on the portal and set up solar power plants as per rules.
- With the Saur Krishi Aajeevika Yojana, developers will also be able to easily get central grant (30 percent of the cost) under the PM Kusum Yojana for setting up plants.
- The state government will enter into a tripartite agreement between the land owner/farmer, the developer and the concerned discom or company, to ensure that the land owner/farmer is protected from risk.
- With this decision, the state government's goal of making Rajasthan a green energy state will also be achieved by increasing solar energy production and reducing the dependence on traditional sources of energy will reduce the level of environmental pollution and bring relief to the common man.
Switch to Hindi