1062.77 Crore Mega Project Approved for Pratapgarh District
- 01 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Public Health Engineering and Ground Water, Dr. Subodh Agrawal approved mega projects worth Rs 1062 crore 77 lakh for Pratapgarh district of the state.
- Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that 524 villages of Pratapgarh, Arnod and Peepalkhunt areas of Pratapgarh district have got approval for these projects to provide water to every household from Jakham dam.
- Under this drinking water scheme, the drinking water problem of 136 of Pratapgarh Panchayat Samiti, 106 of Dhamottar, 83 of Arnod, 103 of Dalot and 96 of Suhagpura Panchayat Samiti, i.e., a total of 524 villages and Dhanis will be solved from Jakham dam in Pratapgarh district.
- This project has been prepared keeping in mind the drinking water demand of 55 liters per person per day for the year 2053 with a projected population of 6 lakh 17 thousand 407. Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, 82 thousand 525 water connections will be given to every household from this project.
- It is noteworthy that in order to provide pure drinking water from Mahi Dam to 399 villages of Kushalgarh and Sajjangarh Panchayat Samiti of Banswara district, a drinking water project worth Rs. 211 crore 60 lakh has also been given administrative and financial approval.