Why in News
- Recently Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) of Jharkhand has received the 21st Annual Greentech Environment Award.
- The award was presented to BSL during the '21st Annual Greentech Environment Summit' held at Mahabalipuram.
- Chief General Manager (COBPP) Rakesh Kumar and NP Srivastava received the award on behalf of BSL at Mahabalipuram.
- BSL under the leadership of Director-in-Charge Amarendu Prakash has undertaken a campaign to convert waste into money and has generated revenue of more than Rs. 1,000 crore over the years through proper use and utilization of waste.
- On this occasion N.P. Srivastava also received the Greentech Environmental Leader Award in Mahabalipuram in the individual category for his contribution in the field of environmental protection.
- The Greentech Environment and Sustainability Awards are presented to recognize responsible, innovative practices and initiatives towards achieving sustainable goals.
Switch to Hindi