Kotra and Hathbandh PHC and Kausra Health and Wellness Centre Received National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate for Quality Health Services.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has awarded the National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate to Kotra Primary Health Center in Kanker district, Hatband Primary Health Center in Balodabazar-Bhatapara district and Kaunsara Health and Wellness Center in Mahasamund district for quality health services.
- The team of the Union Health Ministry had evaluated the services of these hospitals in the months of last August and September. He had also taken feedback from patients in this regard.
- In the evaluation by the team of Union Health Ministry under the National Quality Assurance Standards Programme, Kotra Primary Health Center has got 91 percent marks, Kausra Health and Wellness Center has got 83 percent marks and Hatband Primary Health Center has got 78 percent marks.
- Before awarding the National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate, the hospital's services and satisfaction levels are tested on various parameters by a team of experts from the Government of India.
- These include parameters such as services available, patients' rights, inputs, support services, clinical services, infection control, quality management and outcomes. Only those hospitals that meet these stringent standards are issued quality certificates by the Union Health Ministry.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, Food Minister Amarjeet Bhagat inaugurated the first Food Park in the district in Ulkiya village of Sitapur Development Block of Surguja (Ambikapur) district.
- Administrative approval of Rs 6 crore 27 lakh was given by the State Government for the establishment of the new Food Park.
- The Food Minister said that today a Food Park has been established in Ulkiya village of Sitapur. The food processing industry in the Food Park will facilitate processing of agricultural products. Also, local people will get new employment opportunities.
- He said that any food park requires electricity, water and transportation facilities. Arrangements are being made keeping in mind all these basic requirements.
- District Collector Kundan Kumar said that for this project, the ownership of 8.920 hectare area has been transferred from District Trade and Industry Center Surguja to CSIDC.
- About 60 plots of 3000, 5000, 7500, 10000 square feet area have been provided for the establishment of micro and small industries in the proposed new food park, which will generate revenue to the government through various taxes. With the establishment of this new food park, the local people will get new employment opportunities.
Switch to Hindi