Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu conferred 2 National Film Awards on Madhya Pradesh at the 68th National Film Awards ceremony at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Religious Trust and Endowment Minister Usha Thakur won the 'Most Film Friendly State' and Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture Shiv Shekhar Shukla won the Rajat Kamal Award for 'Mandal Ke Bol' in the Best Ethnographic Film category in Non-Feature Film. and received certificates. Also, Rajendra Jangle, director of the film 'Mandal Ke Bol', was also honored with the Rajat Kamal Award.
- 'Mandal Ke Bol' has won the National Film Award in the Best Ethnographic Film category in a non-feature film. The film showcases the life and rural surroundings of the Baiga tribe in Madhya Pradesh. Produced by The Madhya Pradesh Tribal Museum and directed by Rajendra Jangle, the 27-minute film has commentary and music. The melodious music along with the scenes of the film makes the film very special.
- The National Film Awards were announced by the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on July 22, 2022.
- Principal Secretary Shiv Shekhar Shukla said that the film policy of the state has included attractive aspects like grant to filmmakers, grant of permission in public service guarantee within the time limit, single window system etc. Madhya Pradesh attracts filmmakers spontaneously with its natural beauty and attractive location.
- More than 350 films, serials, web series and other projects have been shot in Madhya Pradesh, which has received the Most Film Friendly State Award. Currently shooting of 7 film projects Pinch, Tiwari, Chanderi Handloom The Woven Motifs, Mahal, The Master Squad, Kartam Bhugatam, Parakram is going on.
- It is worth noting that Madhya Pradesh is the only state in the country, which has included the permission of projects in the Public Service Guarantee Act. The Act provides for permission to shoot a film in 15 working days. Also, it is the first state which has included web series, OTT original content, TV serials and documentaries in the grant given in the film policy.
- Single window clearance facility is available for all filming permissions in the state. In order to implement the film tourism policy at the district level, an ADM level officer has been appointed as the nodal officer for filming permission in each district.
- Madhya Pradesh is called the theatre hub. There is availability of both senior and junior artists. Under the film policy, there is a provision for exemption from the stay of film crew in hotels and resorts of the Tourism Department, including additional financial grant for local artists of the state. Also, for the development of the film industry in the state, there is a provision to set up film cities, film studios, skill development centers etc., encourage private investment and reserve land etc.
Switch to Hindi