Why in News?
- Recently, the aspirational district of Chhattisgarh, Rajnandgaon, has been included by NITI Aayog as one of the leading districts for women empowerment and doing best work towards their interest.
- In view of the excellent work done in the district, the Collector has been invited by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development to attend the zonal meeting organized in Ranchi on the theme 'Impact on Women and Children'.
- It may be mentioned that under the leadership of District Collector Taran Prakash Sinha, Gothan in Rajnandgaon district is being developed as Rural Industrial Park. In order to make women self-reliant, they are being encouraged to become self-reliant by working in gothan.
- The women associated with the group are making various products like Papad, Badi, Pickle, Spices at the local level, which are being supplied to schools, Anganwadi centers and hostels.
- In order to make the women of the group self-reliant, loans have been provided to them, which has given them employment. The sale of local products through C-Mart and Gothan complex is being strengthened. At the same time, the shop is being constructed and sold in the railway station.
- Continuous work is being done by Anganwadi workers in the district for the betterment of the health of anaemic adolescent girls, pregnant women and other women. Door-to-door awareness is being made for women's health, nutrition and education.
- Workshops related to physical, mental and social development of adolescent girls are being organized in rural areas. Information on the life and motherhood of the newlyweds is being provided with information about their future life and motherhood, as well as the working system of the Self Help Groups (SHGs) about various schemes to make them financially viable.
- Under 'Pradhan Mantri Matrivandana Yojana', 125 percent target has been achieved in the district Availability of nutritious food has been ensured under 'Mukhyamantri Suposhan Yojana' and 'Mahatari Jatan Yojana'.
- Information about locally available food and nutritious food is being provided through nutrition fairs, competitions related to nutritious cuisines and other programmes.
- In order to remove anemia in adolescent girls and women aged 15 to 49 years, necessary medicines (iron, folic acid) are being made available in coordination with the health department for anemia test and if found anemic. Coordinating with the police department for drug prohibition in the district, the women of the group are working consciously under the 'Nijat Abhiyan'.
Why in News?
- Recently, Chhattisgarh has deposited more than 50 lakh metric tonnes of rice in the Food Corporation of India and Civil Supplies Corporation by the end of June, creating a new record in the matter of depositing rice in the central pool.
- As a result of the farmer friendly policies and visionary decisions of the State Government, Chhattisgarh has also set a new record in terms of lifting of paddy from the committees and depositing of rice in the Central Pool after setting the record for highest procurement of paddy in the State in Kharif 2021-22.
- With a record procurement of 97.99 lakh mt of paddy at support price in kharif marketing year 2021-22, for the first time in the state, 100 percent of paddy lifting from procurement centers was completed in the month of April-May itself. Apart from this, about 22.90 lakh metric tonnes of paddy stored in the collection centers has also been lifted 100 percent in the pre-rainy month of June.
- It is noteworthy that out of 97.99 lakh metric tonnes of paddy procured in the Kharif marketing year 2021-22, 75.03 lakh metric tonnes of paddy (about 77 percent) were lifted directly from the procurement centres by the millers, while the paddy procured in the Kharif marketing year 2018-19 was 58 percent, 61 percent of the paddy procured in the year 2019-20 and 62 percent of the paddy procured in the year 2020-21 were lifted directly by the millers from the procurement centres.
- Due to record lifting of paddy by millers directly from procurement centers in Kharif marketing year 2021-22, transportation expenditure, quantity of dryness and cost of protection and maintenance of paddy have also come down as compared to previous years.
- As a result of the system and practical policies for paddy lifting and custom milling by the state government, not only timely lifting of paddy was ensured, but custom milling took place rapidly, due to which the state has achieved remarkable success in harvesting rice.
- So far, about 25.74 lakh metric tonnes in Food Corporation of India and about 24.35 lakh metric tonnes in Civil Supplies Corporation, thus totaling 50.09 lakh metric tonnes of rice has been deposited.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2020-21 till the end of June, 36.56 lakh metric tonnes of rice was deposited. The quantity of rice deposited this year is about 13.44 lakh metric tonnes more than last year. Rice deposit work is going on continuously in Food Corporation of India and Civil Supplies Corporation.
Switch to Hindi