Switch To Hindi
- 01 Jul 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, the aspirational district of Chhattisgarh, Rajnandgaon, has been included by NITI Aayog as one of the leading districts for women empowerment and doing best work towards their interest.
- In view of the excellent work done in the district, the Collector has been invited by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development to attend the zonal meeting organized in Ranchi on the theme 'Impact on Women and Children'.
- It may be mentioned that under the leadership of District Collector Taran Prakash Sinha, Gothan in Rajnandgaon district is being developed as Rural Industrial Park. In order to make women self-reliant, they are being encouraged to become self-reliant by working in gothan.
- The women associated with the group are making various products like Papad, Badi, Pickle, Spices at the local level, which are being supplied to schools, Anganwadi centers and hostels.
- In order to make the women of the group self-reliant, loans have been provided to them, which has given them employment. The sale of local products through C-Mart and Gothan complex is being strengthened. At the same time, the shop is being constructed and sold in the railway station.
- Continuous work is being done by Anganwadi workers in the district for the betterment of the health of anaemic adolescent girls, pregnant women and other women. Door-to-door awareness is being made for women's health, nutrition and education.
- Workshops related to physical, mental and social development of adolescent girls are being organized in rural areas. Information on the life and motherhood of the newlyweds is being provided with information about their future life and motherhood, as well as the working system of the Self Help Groups (SHGs) about various schemes to make them financially viable.
- Under 'Pradhan Mantri Matrivandana Yojana', 125 percent target has been achieved in the district Availability of nutritious food has been ensured under 'Mukhyamantri Suposhan Yojana' and 'Mahatari Jatan Yojana'.
- Information about locally available food and nutritious food is being provided through nutrition fairs, competitions related to nutritious cuisines and other programmes.
- In order to remove anemia in adolescent girls and women aged 15 to 49 years, necessary medicines (iron, folic acid) are being made available in coordination with the health department for anemia test and if found anemic. Coordinating with the police department for drug prohibition in the district, the women of the group are working consciously under the 'Nijat Abhiyan'.