Why In News?
On May 30, 2023, Tourism and Culture Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Jaiveer Singh told that in every district of the state, tourism-related activities will be started in Government Intermediate Schools, Government Degree College, Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya School, Shramik School (Atal) and Kasturba Gandhi Vidyalaya etc. Financial assistance of Rs 10,000 will be provided for its operation.
- Tourism and Culture Minister Jaiveer Singh said that in the new tourism policy-2022, this strategy has been made to connect youth with tourism and conduct tourism activities through them.
- He informed that financial assistance would be provided to an educational institution only once a year. This amount will be given to a maximum of 10 such clubs in a circle in a year on the recommendation of the District Magistrate of the concerned district.
- To promote youth tourism in the state, Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, National Service Scheme, NCC, Bharat Scouts and Guides, Yuvak Mangal Dal and Mahila Mangal Dal, etc. organise youth tourism activities by organizing youth tourism activities. Will be done.
- Youth tourism clubs have been identified to develop responsible tourism, which has been planned to develop an understanding of tourism and culture in children and youth from the beginning.
- With this initiative, youth will be made aware of Indian culture and heritage by developing an understanding of the state's cultural diversity through tourism. Youth clubs will also work to promote the importance of travel and tourism in educational institutions of different districts.
Switch to Hindi