Why In News?
- On May 30, 2023, the Council of Ministers under the chairmanship of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to amend the MP Start-up Policy and Implementation Plan-2022 to provide facilities to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe entrepreneurs on par with women. Along with this many other important decisions were taken.
- By amending the MP Start-up Policy and Implementation Plan-2022, it was decided by the Council of Ministers to provide facilities to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe entrepreneurs at par with women.
- In these, a total of 18 percent maximum assistance of Rs 18 lakh will be given on funding/investment received by start-ups established by SC/ST entrepreneurs and a maximum of Rs 72 lakh in four phases.
- In start-ups promoted by SC/ST entrepreneurs, their participation should be 51 percent.
- The cabinet sanctioned Rs 266 crore 71 lakh for the construction works on the recommendation of the Project Examination Committee for setting up a new medical college in Damoh.
- With this decision, tertiary-level medical facilities will be available to the people of Damoh and nearby districts. Along with this, 100 MBBS in the medical field for the students of the state. There will also be an increase in the number of seats.
- The cabinet post-facto approved the order of the Forest Department to increase the compensation amount from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 8 lakh for loss of life and loss of animals caused by wild animals.
- In order to provide financial assistance to the needy litterateurs and artists of the state in case of long and serious illness, accident, divine calamity and death, the scheme 'Artist Welfare Fund', run in the Department of Culture, has been modified and the new ' Approved to issue 'Madhya Pradesh Artist Welfare Fund Rules-2023'.
- In the earlier scheme, there was a provision to provide assistance ranging from Rs.500 to Rs.5000 to the needy litterateurs and artists of the state in case of serious illness, accident, natural calamity and death.
- The amount to be sanctioned on the recommendation of the competent committee formed in the new scheme ranges from a minimum of 25 thousand to a maximum of 1 lakh rupees, in which, in case of death of the artist/literate, his successor will get a maximum of one lakh and a maximum of 50 thousand for medical treatment. Can be given Rs.
- A maximum of one lakh rupees can be given to a physically challenged artist/writer for the treatment of disability. In the family members, the dependent wife/husband, dependent parents, dependent minor siblings, dependent minor children and dependent widowed daughter of the writer/artist along with dependent disabled siblings will also be included in the dependents.
Switch to Hindi