Uttarakhand Waives Fee on ABY, AAUY Cards
- 24 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced a fee waiver for making Ayushman cards in the state on the third anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Yojana-ABY) (September 23, 2021).
- Till now 30 rupees were charged for making the card.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami made this announcement in the 'Arogya Manthan-3.0' organized to commemorate the completion of three years of the world's largest health scheme 'Ayushman Bharat Yojana'.
- He also fixed a time limit of seven days for settlement of claims of hospitals under the scheme. He said that the Uttarakhand government has covered all the families of the state under the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana (AAUY).
- The Chief Minister said that so far 3.5 lakh people have been treated under the scheme and Rs 460 crore has been spent on it.
- Health Minister Dhan Singh Rawat said that a total of 102 government and 113 private hospitals are empanelled under the scheme. He directed that display boards regarding the scheme should be installed in each empanelled hospital.
- He said that the state government is working on a scheme which will make it mandatory for all private hospitals to be empanelled for these schemes. He said that camps would be organized at the block level to bring all the missing families under the scheme.