Chhattisgarh Got Four National Awards for Ayushman
- 24 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 23, 2021, Chhattisgarh received four national awards for best performance in Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana and Dr. Khubchand Baghel Health Assistance Scheme.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Bhai Mandaviya presented these awards to the state in the online 'Arogya Manthan 3.0' organized by the National Health Authority in New Delhi.
- The awards were distributed in six categories by the National Health Authority, out of which Chhattisgarh was awarded in four categories.
- Chhattisgarh has got the first place for registration of maximum number of Ayushman cards across the country through Choice Centres.
- Chhattisgarh secured the top slot in the country in the registration of at least one member of each family in the state.
- Sunil Kumar Kushwaha, Choice Centre Director of Kusmusa village of Bhaiyathan block of Surajpur district, came second in the country in terms of Ayushman card registration.
- Chhattisgarh ranks third in the country in terms of providing treatment to women through the scheme, giving priority to gender equality. Treatment has been provided to 3,20,661 women of the state through the scheme.