Eye Collection Center in Dehradun
- 24 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Union Health Ministry has permitted Gandhi Shatabdi Eye Hospital (GCEH), Dehradun to start an eye collection center under the National Program for Control of Blindness.
- State Health Services Director General (DG) Dr. Tripti Bahuguna has directed the hospital authorities to start the center before November 1 this year.
- Gandhi Shatabdi Eye Hospital (GCEH) will be the first center in the state to provide this facility.
- Dr. Saroj Naithani, Director, National Health Mission in the state said that necessary infrastructure and facilities would be developed for the center in GCEH. People living in the surrounding areas of Dehradun, especially in the Garhwal division will get the benefit of eye transplant.
- The GCEH would act only as an eye collection center and the collected eyeballs would be kept in the eye banks of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh or Himalayan Hospital Jollygrant, Dehradun.