Uttar Pradesh Film Policy- 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on February 22, 2023, the Uttar Pradesh cabinet has approved the Uttar Pradesh Film Policy-2023.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has implemented a film policy to create an environment for film production and to develop various necessary resources for shooting.
- Under the Uttar Pradesh Film Policy-2023, to make Uttar Pradesh the center of film production, subsidy will be given for shooting films in the state along with giving a chance to the artists of the state to act in the film.
- A subsidy of two crore rupees will be given for shooting in Uttar Pradesh for two-thirds of the total shooting days for film production. At the same time, a subsidy of up to Rs 50 lakh will be given for setting up a film training institute.
- A film city is being built on one thousand acres in Noida. There is also a plan to develop film production facilities in other districts of the state. Films made in Film City will also be given concession as per this policy.
- Under the film policy, these facilities will also be available -
- For providing security arrangements for shooting, government guest house, tourist guest house will be arranged on payment as per rules. The difficulties coming from the level of the departments will also be resolved.
- Outdoor shooting units will be given 25 percent discount on room rent in guest houses and hotels of the Tourism Corporation.
- In the state, 50 percent subsidy will be given on production for Awadhi, Braj, Bundeli, Bhojpuri regional films, 25 percent subsidy will be given on making films on Hindi, English and other languages. In this, a subsidy of up to one crore rupees will be given if at least 50 percent of the total shooting day is shot in UP.
- The shooting of the web series will be subsidized up to Rs 10 lakh or One crore per episode. A subsidy of Rs 25 lakh will be given if the five main actors in the web film are from Uttar Pradesh.