Switch To Hindi
'Chief Minister Utthan' and 'Gyankosh Yojana'
- 22 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On February 20, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that students in the state will now get free coaching for many competitive exams including IAS-PCS. For the preparation of these exams, it has been announced to start 'Chief Minister Utthan' and 'Gyankosh Yojana'.
- The Chief Minister said that under the Mukhyamantri Utthan Yojana, students in the state IPS will be given coaching for competitive examinations like IAS, PCS, NDA, CDS, Medical and Engineering. This will facilitate students who are unable to prepare for these examinations due to financial constraints.
- He said that these students will be provided facilities like online study material, offline classes, examination related courses, question banks etc.
- Establishment of a rich library in every district using departmental hostels, ashram method schools and departmental establishments under the 'Gyankosh Yojana', the libraries will be able to be used by youth, students, teachers and community members preparing for competitive exams.
- A contact centre will be set up in libraries listing qualified experienced and professional lecturers, who will address the thematic problem related to competitive examinations and will be reviewed by the expert committee by the expert committee to list experts for the use of libraries, arrangement of books, infrastructure etc.