Switch To Hindi
Two Districts of Bihar in Top-5 Among 112 Aspirational Districts of the Country
- 09 Feb 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On February 8, 2023, Niti Aayog released underdeveloped 112 aspirational districts the 'Champion of Change Delta Rankings' for of the country, in which two districts of Bihar Banka and Katihar ranked first and Katihar second among the five best aspirational districts of the country in the field of agriculture and water resources.
- It is noteworthy that this report is released by the Niti Aayog to compete among the aspirational districts.
- It is known that in the year 2018 of Bihar, 13 districts- Katihar, Begusarai, Sheikhpura, Araria, Khagaria, Purnia, Aurangabad, Banka, Gaya, Jamui, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi and Nawada were included.
- This announcement of the Center provides special assistance in the blocks of these 13 districts of Bihar. The focus in these districts is on key sectors such as health, nutrition, education, agriculture developing, water resources, financial condition and infrastructure.
- For the education sector, mainly school education and library facilities, infrastructure in schools, in which toilets and drinking water etc. are the main ones.
- It is noteworthy that the central government has announced 500 aspirational blocks in the country, out of which 61 aspirational blocks are also from Bihar. The central government will run special programs with the help of the state government. These blocks have been selected under the Centre's Aspirational Block Programme. Efforts will be made to bring these blocks backward on many parameters of development into the category of developed blocks.
- In the initial phase, special attention will be paid to indicators such as health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion and skill development in these blocks. Additional funds will also be managed from the Centre for these districts. The blocks will be ranked so that they can increase the competition to move forward.
- Blocks of 13 aspirational districts (AD) of the state have also been selected under this program. Bhagalpur and Kaimur districts have the highest number of 5 blocks each, followed by 10 blocks, Begusarai (4), Munger (4), Jamui (4), Aurangabad and Gaya (4 blocks each). At the same time, the names of three blocks Katihar and Banka each of Bhojpur, are included.