Sports Academy Bilaspur girl won gold medal
- 27 Mar 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On 26 March 2023, officials of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department said that Tuleshwar Khusro of Sports Academy Bilaspur has won the gold medal in the Dus Ka Dum archery competition organized by the Sports Authority of India and State Archery Association for women in district Raipur.
- The officials of the department said that in the Dus Ka Dum archery competition, the player of the archery training sub-centre operated in Shivtarai village of Bilaspur, Ms. Tuleshwari Khusro won the gold medal by scoring 656 points in the Indian round and Ms. Divya Yadav secured the third position by scoring 647 marks.
- It is known that the Sports and Youth Welfare Department is constantly promoting sports in the state, for which sports academies are being started in the state, where players are being given quality training with the highest level of facilities.
- By the Sports Authority of India, B. R. Yadav State Sports Training Center has been approved as Khelo India State Center of Excellence, under which Hockey Academy started from June 2022 and Archery and Athletic Academy from November 2022.
- In these academies, training is being made available to the players through nationally renowned coaches along with free residential arrangements, due to which in less than a year the players have earned medals at the national level and have also qualified for international level competition.
- In these, Amit Kumar won the 33rd West Zone Athletic Championship, Raipur, Gold in the Walk Race of 10 km, Ankit Ahlawat won gold medal in National Inter District Athletic Meet, Andhra Pradesh, Bronze medal in Discus Throw, Arjun Kovachi won 3rd Eklavya Residential School National Sports Meet, Andhra Pradesh, Gold Medal in Race of 1500 m Gitesh Yadav Won Silver Medal in 4th Khelo India East Zone Archery Championship, Kolkata, Indian Round and Amit Kumar Qualifies for Asian Championship with Bronze Medal in Walk Race at National Athletic Championship, Bangalore, and Aditya Kumar selected for Junior India camp.
- Archery training sub-centre has been sanctioned by the state government in village Shivtarai, district Bilaspur, which has also been marked as Khelo India mini-centre. With the opening of the training sub-centre, free training is being provided to the players by providing them with diet money as well as Indian and recurve bows.
- Within 1 year of starting the academy, the players here have earned medals at the national level. Among these, Kuber Singh Jagat won gold medal in the 4th Khelo India East Zone Archery Championship, Kolkata, Indian Round and Vikas Kumar, Ajay Kumar and Kuber Singh Jagat won Silver Medal in 42nd NTPC Junior National Archery Championship Goa, Indian Round.