50 Health ATMs to be installed on Travel Routes
- 27 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 26 March 2023, an MoU was signed between the Health Department and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in the presence of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, to install 50 health ATMs on the yatra routes in order to provide better health facilities to the pilgrims visiting Chardham Yatra in Uttarakhand for the first time.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that installation of health ATMs in Chardham Yatra will provide a lot of convenience to the devotees.
- Ankur Malhotra, Director of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, informed that health ATMs are being made available for Chardham Yatra under CSR, in which more than 70 tests can be done.
- Along with the test, specialist doctors can be consulted through telemedicine from the Health ATM. These services will be provided 24 hours by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- The Health ATM will be looked after by the company's engineers for the next three months. Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami will inaugurate it on April 24, 2023.
- The Chief Minister said that the facility of Health ATM should also be provided by Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the holy places Manasarovar Yatra, Baijnath Dham, Kainchi Dham, Purnagiri, Chitai Dham located in Manskhand. On the lines of Kedarkhand, Health ATM Medical Kiosk machines will be made available under CSR for Manskhand.
- Health facilities are being constantly improved so that the devotees do not face any health related problems during the Chardham Yatra.