Solution to the Problem of Fake Fingerprints
- 21 Feb 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, scientists from IIT Indore and Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) DAVV have developed such a fingerprint biometric system which can prevent crimes using fake fingerprints. This important research has been patented.
- With the help of this technology, such a sensor can be installed in the biometric machines, which will identify the real and fake fingerprints. As soon as the person puts his finger on the scanner, the sensor will also read his pulse. This will also eliminate the possibility of using the fingerprint of a dead person.
- Success in identifying fake and genuine fingerprints will only improve the security of Aadhaar and all types of biometric devices.
- It is noteworthy that along with the banking sector, biometric machines are used in many offices and homes to prevent theft. Biometric machines are also used in many competitive and recruitment exams. Once new biometric machines are produced on the basis of research, fingerprints of fake or dead person will not be used.
- Many times hackers try to steal the fingerprint image and use it in Aadhaar, SIM and banking areas. Currently, biometric machines read the fingerprints of the finger and allow further processing. After placing a finger on the new type of machines, the sensor will also detect the cells and pulse of the blood.
- Professor of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) of Devi Ahilya University, who worked on research. Shashi Prakash and IIT Indore Prof. I am Vimal Bhatia.
- Those working on the research are Professor Shashi Prakash of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) of Devi Ahilya University and Professor Vimal Bhatia of IIT Indore.