Prime Minister of Denmark Visit to India
- 11 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On October 10, 2021, the Prime Minister of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen, visited the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort during her three-day visit to India.
- It is noteworthy that the Prime Minister of Denmark is the first head of government of a country to visit India after the then US President Donald Trump's visit to India in January 2020.
- Earlier in 2020, India-Denmark had announced the 'Green Strategic Partnership', which aims to promote mutual cooperation on global issues related to climate change along with economic cooperation.
- The Taj Mahal, built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal (Arjuman Bano), is the best example of Mughal architecture. It is decorated using Pietra-Dura style.
- In 1983, the Taj Mahal in Agra was included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site list. Also it is among the Seven Wonders of the World.