Plan to Set up Electric Vehicle Charging Station on Chardham Yatra Route
- 18 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 17, 2023, Uttarakhand Transport Secretary Arvind Singh Hyanki informed that a target has been set to set up electric vehicle charging stations on Gangotri and Yamunotri highways by the upcoming Chardham Yatra. For this, survey work has been completed in the plan to set up e-vehicle charging stations on the yatra route.
- Transport Secretary Arvind Singh Hyanki said that under this scheme, 30 km per km of traffic will be covered. More than 100 stations are to be set up by setting up a vehicle charging station at a distance of 100 km.
- About 34 stations will be set up under the scheme in Uttarkashi district, which has two dhams, Gangotri and Yamunotri. Among them, places have been identified in Chinyalisaur, Dharasu, Brahmakhal, Barkot, Yamunotri, Syana Chatti, Janki Chatti, Dhoontari and Uttarkashi cities etc.
- Moon Banerjee, project manager associated with the project, said that about 62 places have been identified on the Chardham Yatra route.
- He said that three electric vehicles can be charged at a time at the charging station on the yatra route. They will have two fast and one slow charger. Rates will be fixed by the government to provide charging facility at minimum rates.
- Uttarkashi Assistant Divisional Transport Officer Mukesh Saini said that this is an important scheme of the state government. The setting up of electric charging stations will help e-vehicle owners and drivers. The environment will also be safe.
- Secretary Transport Arvind Singh Hyanki said that the disaster may affect work in Joshimath area, but efforts will be made to set up charging points in other places as per the target.