Four Places Identified for Settling Joshimath Disaster Victims
- 18 Jan 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On January 17, 2023, Uttarakhand Disaster Management Department Secretary Dr. Ranjit Sinha said that land has been selected at four places to rehabilitate the Joshimath disaster-affected people.
- Secretary Dr. Ranjit Sinha said that three demonstration buildings will be built on the land of the Horticulture Department located in the first Koti Farm to assure the people of joshimath that good houses will be built. It will have pre-fabricated model buildings of one, two and three BHKs.
- Who will be given how many rooms, it will be decided later. However, people's buildings have already been inspected for this. For this, CBRI Roorkee has been asked to build a model building by January 21.
- He said that land was selected at five places to settle the disaster affected people. Out of these, four locations have been found suitable on the basis of GSI report. These include land in Koti Farm, HRDI land, Pipalkoti and Dhak village.
- Dr. Ranjit Sinha said that the local administration will talk to the people, if they like this building, more buildings will be built for them. Construction agencies are already fixed by CBRI, their rates are also fixed. The CBRI has fixed a rate of Rs 400 per sq ft for this. The life of these buildings is 25 to 30 years.
- The four locations marked are:
- Koti Farm: About 12 km from Joshimath, the road from Auli to Koti Farm is cut. Revenue land is available here.
- Dhak village: Dhak village located on Malari Road is located at a distance of about 12 km from Joshimath. Revenue land is available here.
- Pipalkoti: Government land is also available in Pipalkoti, about 36 km from Joshimath.
- Land of HRDI: About nine km from Joshimath is the land of Herbal Research Institute (HRDI).