Nagda will be a New district of the state
- 21 Jul 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 20, 2023, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of development works worth Rs 261.14 crore during Vikas Parv in Tehsil Nagda of Ujjain district and announced to make Nagda a district.
- It is known that in Vikas Parv, a large number of development works are being inaugurated/foundations laid in all the areas of the state.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated development works worth Rs 92 crore 61 lakh and performed Bhoomi-Pujan of development works worth Rs 168 crore 53 lakh in Nagda.
- Fulfilling the long-pending demand of the Nagda area, the Chief Minister announced to make it a district. Those tehsils of the Ujjain district which voluntarily want to be merged in Nagda will be included in Nagda.
- It is worth mentioning that after being separated from Ujjain, Nagda will become the 54th district of the state. Before this, Mauganj tehsil of Rewa district has been announced to be made a district. At present Madhya Pradesh has 52 districts, but with the conversion of Nagda and Mauganj into districts, there will be 54 districts.
- Presently Nagda is a tehsil of Ujjain district. Nagda is mentioned in the history of the Pandavas who won the war of Mahabharata. It is told that a huge Yajna was performed at this place by King Janmejaya, the grandson of the Pandavas, for the cremation of Nagas, hence the name of the city was Nagda.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister also made many other announcements-
- Unhel will be made Tehsil and community health centres will be opened here.
- CM Rise schools will be opened in Nagda, Khachrod, and Alot.
- Along with Kshipra, Narmada water will be diverted to Gambhir and Kalisindh rivers.