The Governor honoured outstanding talents under the 'Champions of Change Madhya Pradesh' edition
- 21 Jul 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On July 19, 2023, Governor Mangubhai Patel honoured 16 outstanding talents in the fields of spirituality, social welfare, art, health, education and sports at the prize distribution program of the 'Champions of Change Madhya Pradesh' edition organized at the Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center auditorium in the capital Bhopal.
- Governor Mangubhai Patel honoured Pt. Pradeep Mishra in the field of spirituality, Pt. Om Prakash Mehta, MLA Krishna Gaur, Hemant Tiwari, Umashankar Singh, Vinod Kumar Agarwal, Additional Director General of Police Anvesh Mangalam, Rohit Jain, Manoj Sahu, Abhishek Kumar Pandey in the field of social-welfare, Padma Shri Dr. Munishwar Chandra Davar & Dr. Ajay Rana in the field of health, film actress Saumya Tandon & film director Anil Singh Chandel in the field of art, Jaynarayan Choksey in the field of education and powerlifter Bhavna Tokekar in the field of sports.
- Nandan Kumar Jha, founder of Champions of Change said that the program is the second award function of the Madhya Pradesh edition. The ceremony has been organized four times at the national level. State-level programs have been done in four states including Madhya Pradesh. Soon the awards will be given at the international level as well.
- It is worth mentioning that 'Champions of Change (CoC)' is an Indian award for promoting Indian values like community service, social development, health care, education and national integration, which was established in 2011.
- The Champions of Change Award has been given by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy (IFIE), Government of India to politicians, social workers, and entrepreneurs who have promoted Gandhian values (cleanliness), community service and social development through their positive efforts in a total of 115 optimistic districts in the country.
- The interactive Forum on Indian Economy organizes Champions of Change Awards at international, national and state levels in India every year. The award is usually presented by the President, Vice President, Prime Minister, Governor or a prominent person of India.
- The awardees are selected by top constitutional jury members headed by the former Chief Justice of India and former NHRC chairman.
- The Interactive Forum on Indian Economy is a Government of India accredited (80G, 8A) not-for-profit company dedicated to the development and welfare of women & children in rural India, including 115 aspirational districts that promote the values of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The 'Champions of Change Madhya Pradesh' award is a state award to promote the values of courage, community service and inclusive social development. The award has been instituted taking inspiration from the vision of women freedom fighter Rani Laxmibai. The awardees are selected by members of the constitutional jury headed by Justice Gyan Sudha Misra (former Supreme Court judge).