MoU will be Signed Between Bihar Education Department and four NGOs
- 29 May 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
In a special meeting chaired by Deepak Kumar Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Bihar Education Department on 28 May 2023, it has been decided that four voluntary organizations are going to sign an MoU with the Education Department to provide financial & technical assistance for the quality and expansion of education in government schools of the state.
- In these, an organization called Kendriya Bhandar will provide special content to the students of class 9 & 10, especially the content which will be activated by QR code.
- Apart from this, three other organizations have expressed their desire to work for the betterment of education in Bihar, including Mind Spark, an organization of Aditya Birla Group, which is going to work on improving the learning level of children through the app.
- Kendriya Bhandar Organisation will provide reading material to students & teachers through a mobile app and portal through a learning app. The app will be launched with the name suggested by the state government. The state government will bear the expenditure on this.
- Similarly, Mind Spark was directed to bring an MoU to work in the Kasturba Gandhi schools of Patna district where infrastructure is available. This institution provides support in matching the class to the level of learning.
- According to the report of the meeting, the Jesuit Peace Mission will work for the moral & spiritual development of the children. Training on ‘Meditation & Wisdom for All Religions’ will be imparted in 13 schools of two panchayats Ilrah and Shekhwara panchayat of Bodhgaya block.
- This project under the Jesuit Peace Mission will be done by Jeevan Sangham of Bodh Gaya, a charitable organization of the Patna Jesuit Society.
- Similarly, an organization named Educate India will provide elementary literacy to the students of classes 3 to 5. A door-to-door survey will be done for this. It is also proposed to set up help desks in two to three districts. In the meeting, Educate India was directed to prepare the draft of the MoU, after which a decision would be taken on its proposal.