Increasing Outbreak of Lightning in Bihar
- 04 Jul 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- Recently, the Bihar State Disaster Management Authority informed that lightning is becoming the deadliest among the natural calamities, due to which about 2000 people have lost their lives in the last six years.
- Jamui, Bhagalpur, Purnia, Banka, Aurangabad, Gaya, Katihar, Patna, Nawada and Rohtas districts are the most sensitive in terms of thundershowers.
- However, this time, three districts - Patna, Gaya and Aurangabad - have been put on high alert.
- According to the authority, the geography of the state is responsible for thunderstorms and deaths in the state, that is, due to the monsoon climate of Bihar, it is susceptible to heat and moisture, due to which thunderstorms occur in the state with intense thunder and heavy rainfall.
- Awareness programs are being run by the state government to prevent lightning. Along with this, an app called Indravajra has also been launched, which alerts people through alarm tones and messages about 40 minutes before the thunderstorm.