Switch To Hindi
Madhya Pradesh State Election Commission
- 04 Jul 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- On July 3, 2022, the Madhya Pradesh State Election Commission has issued detailed instructions regarding the maintenance of EVMs to be used for elections.
- Secretary, State Election Commission, Rakesh Singh has given instructions regarding the delivery of EVMs to the Collector and the District Election Officer, and how to maintain them after counting, it has been clarified that fair, fearless, transparent and reliable elections. What should be the arrangement of EVM machines till the District Election Officer, Returning Officer and polling station, counting place and strong room for the process.
- The Secretary of the State Election Commission has also said that all the trucks of EVMs allotted for the election by the Returning Officer will have to be stored in the selected temporary EVM strong room in the presence of the representatives of recognized political parties in the prescribed manner. For the purpose of training and public awareness, the supplied EVMs will be reserved and maintained in a separate room from the strong room, which is in the same building.
- The polling station allotted in RO Randomization and Ward Reserve cum Commissioning Reserve, while removing the EVMs for commissioning, will be called in the prescribed manner in the presence of the candidates and their agents.
- After commissioning, the EVMs prepared for the polling station and ward-wise reserve will be kept in the temporary strong room as prescribed and the strong room will be sealed in the prescribed manner.
- EVMs found to be non-working during commissioning and the remaining Commissioning Reserve EVMs with the Returning Officer, which are not being used for voting, are kept in a separate room from the strong room, in which the EVMs allotted for training and public awareness will also be kept, will be maintained in.
- On the day of material distribution, the strong room will be opened in the presence of the candidates and their agents in the presence of the candidates and their agents to supply the EVMs belonging to their polling stations to the polling parties and ward wise reserve EVMs of their respective sectors to the Sector/Zonal Magistrates.