Important decisions in the Rajasthan Cabinet Meeting
- 08 Jun 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On 6 June 2023, a meeting of the State Cabinet was held under the chairmanship of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, in which important decisions were taken regarding promotion, pension, special pay, and designation in the interest of the employees.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal to amend the Rajasthan Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1996. With this, the employees will be able to get the benefit of a full pension only after completing 25 years of service instead of 28 years of qualifying service.
- Also, pensioners/family pensioners of 75 years will be able to get a 10 percent additional pension allowance. In the event of the death of the employee/pensioner, his married disabled son/daughter and eligible members with income up to Rs 12,500 per month will also get the benefit of a family pension. The notification of this amendment will be effective from April 1, 2023.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal to amend the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017. This will increase the special pay of the employees.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced in this regard in the budget of 2023-24, according to which the special allowance and special pay currently payable to employees and officers were proposed to be increased as per the recommendation of the Pay Discrepancy Examination Committee.
- The Cabinet has now decided to forward the vacancies of Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes for the next three years in case eligible candidates belonging to Backward Classes & Most Backward Classes are not available in any recruitment year. This will enable more employment opportunities for the candidates of these categories.
- The Cabinet has decided to amend Schedule-5 of the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017 to give full benefit of advance increments to senior medical officers having a PG degree or equivalent diploma. In this, due to the provision of advance salary increases for higher posts from senior medical officers, higher officers will also be able to get benefits.
- While approving the Rajasthan Prosecution Services (Amendment) Rules, 2023, it has been decided to give an additional promotion opportunity to the officers of the Prosecution Service.
- It has been decided to amend the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay Scale) Rules- 1989, 1998, 2008 and 2017 to give pay scale and designation to the working personnel on the lines of regular employees.
- The Cabinet has decided to incorporate the Rajasthan Fisheries State and Subordinate Services Rules-2012, Rajasthan Subordinate Services (Recruitment and Other Conditions of Service) Rules-2001, Rajasthan Madarsa Education Assistant Subordinate Service Rules-2013 and Rajasthan School Assistant Subordinate Service Rules-2015 in a notification issued on 17.01.2013 regarding reservation of vacancies of Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes of the Department of Personnel.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal to rename Medical College Dausa as 'Pt. Naval Kishore Sharma College of Medical Sciences’.
- An announcement in this regard was made by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at the unveiling ceremony of the statue of Pandit Naval Kishore Sharma on May 11, 2023. Pandit Naval Kishore Sharma has made an important contribution to the development of the Khadi Industry along with politics.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal for allotment of land to Veer Gurjar Development & Charitable Trust, Bhilwara and Regar Samaj, Bikaner.