Chief Minister Folk Artist Promotion Scheme-2023
- 08 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 7 June 2023, a meeting was held under the chairmanship of Dr. BD Kalla, Minister of Art, Literature, Culture & Archeology of Rajasthan regarding the successful implementation of 'Mukhyamantri Lok Kalakar Protsahan Yojana-2023', in which information related to the scheme was given.
- The Culture & Archeology Minister said that in the run-up to the budget announcement 2023-24, the department has prepared a draft of this scheme.
- According to the vision of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, under the 'Mukhyamantri Lok Kalakar Protsahan Yojana-2023', 100 days of employment will be given to local or indigenous art artists of Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan is perhaps the first state in the country to ensure 100 days of employment for local artists. These artists will be singing, playing, dancing, acting or dramatizing who will be able to demand 100 days of art performance in state government programs, and festivals.
- Rajasthan Sangeet Natak Akademi has been made the nodal agency for the successful implementation of the scheme.
- Binaka Jesh Malu, president of Rajasthan Natak Sangeet Akademi, said that the academy is committed to the welfare of folk artists through the scheme. All preparations have been made for the successful implementation of the scheme from villages to towns.
- Principal Government Secretary of Art and Culture Department, Gayatri A Rathore apprised the Minister about the latest progress of the scheme and important information including application form, process & payment by folk artists in the format through a presentation.