World's tallest Shivling will be established in Virat Ramayana Temple
- 08 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 6 June 2023, Acharya Kishore Kunal, secretary of Mahavir Mandir Patna of Bihar, informed that the construction work of Virat Ramayana Temple at Kaithwalia-Bahuara on Kesaria Chakia Path in East Champaran district of the state will start soon. This temple will not only be the world's tallest temple but the World's Tallest Shivalinga will also be installed in this temple.
- The Secretary of Mahavir Mandir Patna said that by the month of Sawan in the year 2025, the world's largest Shivalinga will be installed in this temple. In Mahabalipuram, a 250-tonne black granite stone rock is being carved and Sahasralingam is also being built along with the main Shivalinga.
- The weight of the Shivalinga will be 200 tons, height will be 33 feet and the sphere will be 33 feet. It is known that Sahasralingam has not been built in India after the eighth century.
- The Virat Ramayana temple to be built in the state will be three storeys. After entering the temple, a devotee will have the Darshan of the Pratham Pujya Vighnaharta Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles. The Virat Ramayana temple will have a total of 22 temples of Shaiva and Vaishnava gods and goddesses.
- There are 120 acres of land available for the construction of the temple. This temple site will be developed as Janaki Nagar and there will be many Ashrams, Gurukuls, Dharamshalas etc.
- The piling of the Virat Ramayana temple has been given to Suntech Infra Solutions Private Limited, which is doing the piling work of Patna Metro.