Foundation Stone of First Phase of Vita Chilling Plant in Salempur at a cost of 5 crores
- 29 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On 28 May 2023, Haryana's Agriculture Minister J.P. Dalal laid the foundation stone of the first phase of Vita Chilling Plant at Salempur village in Bhiwani district of the state, to be built at a cost of about five crore rupees.
- Apart from Loharu, cattle rearers of Tosham, Badhra and Satnali will benefit directly from this chilling plant. The construction of chilling plant will not only increase the income of the farmers but will also increase employment opportunities for the youth.
- The agriculture minister said that Vita is a name and the Vita products made here will be developed on the lines of Gujarat.
- In the first phase, its capacity will be 20 thousand liters (about 5283.44 gal) per day, while in the second and third year its capacity will be increased to 40 thousand liters (about 10566.88 gal).
- It is known that Haryana is the only state in the country where the maximum number of livestock credit cards have been made. Cattle credit cards worth one thousand crore rupees have been made in the state. Loan assistance is being provided to farmers on this credit card at 4 percent interest rate.
- The agriculture minister called upon the farmers to get artificial insemination done for good breed cattle. Breed improvement will increase milk production.
- Haryana state has been ranked second in milk production in the whole country. It is the endeavor of the state government that the state should occupy the first place in the country in milk production. That's why the state government is promoting animal husbandry by implementing new schemes.