Madhya Pradesh got 3 Scotch Awards for Successful Implementation of Urban Development Schemes
- 29 May 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
3 Scotch Awards were given to Madhya Pradesh for urban development and municipal governance in a program organized in New Delhi on May 27, 2023.
- Sagar Smart City for building She-Lounge Women's Facility, Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Company for better management of Dharmapuri Sewage Project and Urban Development and Housing Department honored with Silver Scotch Award-2023 for doing remarkable work in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban has been done.
- Madhya Pradesh's Urban Administration and Development Commissioner Bharat Yadav, State Mission Director of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Satendra Singh and Additional Commissioner Mrs. Ruchika Chauhan received the award.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015 with the objective of providing pucca housing to every poor citizen of the country. In Madhya Pradesh, so far approval for houses has been received for more than 9.5 lakh beneficiaries under various components of the scheme. Out of this, the construction of about 6.5 lakh houses has been completed.
- Many innovations made by the state and effective strategies adopted have contributed to the success of the scheme in the state. Landless families have been provided lease of residential land, so that they can apply for BLC of the scheme. Don't miss out on taking advantage of the component. This is the most popular component of the scheme in small and medium towns.
- AHP of the scheme In order to overcome the difficulties faced by the beneficiaries in getting loans from the banks in this component, loans are being made available easily to the beneficiaries on the responsibility of the urban bodies through a tripartite agreement.
- A.H.P. For the implementation of the component, the government land has been made available to the urban bodies in a time-bound period on the basis of the land owner's rights. Along with this, for the registered workers who are not able to meet the beneficiary share, an additional grant of up to one lakh rupees is being made available under the 'Chief Minister Building and Construction Workers Housing' scheme, in addition to the provisioned amount in the scheme.
- It is worth mentioning that in October 2022, Madhya Pradesh was the second best performing state in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) and best state award in convergence with other schemes, conduct of IEC (publicity) activities and performance of state level technical cell. was given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Along with this, Gohad and Jobat best performing municipality and city council and Dewas, the second best performing municipal corporation were also awarded by the central government.
- Even before this, Madhya Pradesh has received the Best Performing State (PMAY Empowering India Awards, 2022) in July 2022 for the effective implementation of the scheme in the state.
- Also, on June 24, 2022, Madhya Pradesh has been given 4 awards in the 'Khushiyon Ka Aashiyana' competition by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- In January 2021, Madhya Pradesh was given the second award for the 'Best Performing State' for the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) and 3 awards in the other category, thus a total of 4 awards were given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.