Experimental Test of Water Supply Started in Tourist City Khajuraho
- 30 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information given by Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department on May 29, 2023, the experimental testing of water supply systems has started in the state's tourist cities Khajuraho and Rajnagar.
- A water purification plant of 10 MLD capacity has been set up at Kutni Dam to provide clean water to both cities. The combined cost of the water supply project in both the bodies is about Rs 69 crore with 10 years of operation and maintenance.
- Seven overhead tanks have been constructed in Khajuraho and Rajnagar, and about 150 kilometres of distribution lines have been laid in both cities to provide pure water to every household. Tap connections have been given to 3500 houses in Khajuraho and 2000 houses in Rajnagar.
- It is worth mentioning that the metered tap connections are being given in this scheme. Its advantage will be that in future the residents will have to pay according to the usage of water which will be very economical.
- Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Company, an undertaking of the Urban Development and Housing Department, has worked on the water supply project in these cities in collaboration with the Asian Development Bank.
- Due to this, pure water is now reaching the homes of the residents here. Now there is no need to stand in line for water. Due to this, the time wasted in filling water is being put to good use. The water pressure is also sufficient, due to which there is no need to install a motor.