23 lakh farmers of the State will Get Seed Minikits of Major Crops
- 30 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On 29 May 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved a financial proposal of Rs 128.57 crore to distribute free Minikits of certified varieties of major crops to 23 lakh small & marginal farmers of the state.
- Each farmer of the state will be given 5 kg of hybrid maize, 2 kg of mustard, 4 kg each of moong & moth and 1 kg of sesame seeds in the seed minikit. Seeds of certified varieties will be made available free of cost.
- The seed minikit will be procured from the Rajasthan State Seed Corporation/National Seed Corporation by the Tribal Area Development Department for tribal farmers and by the Agriculture Department for non-tribal farmers.
- These mini-kits will be distributed by the Agriculture Department through the Raj Kisan Saathi portal.
- It is worth mentioning that the 'Rajasthan Seed Production & Distribution Mission' is being run to increase seed production in the state and to provide free seeds to small & marginal farmers. This decision has been taken in view of the excellent results of this mission.
- It is known that an announcement in this regard was made by the Chief Minister in the budget for the year 2023-24.