Diarrhea Outbreak in Bihar
- 13 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, after Aurangabad in Bihar, West Champaran district has seen a sharp increase in the cases of diarrhea.
- According to the World Health Organization, diarrhea leads to a state of dehydration.
- A variety of bacteria, viruses and parasitic microorganisms are responsible for diarrhea, for example rotavirus and norovirus.
- Diarrhea infection is the result of eating contaminated food, drinking polluted water and person to person filth and uncleanliness.
- Diarrhea can be treated by drinking clean water, maintaining hygiene, oral rehydration etc.