Atal Bihari Vajpayee Memorial Trust
Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic for CSE
- 13 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 12, 2021, in a virtual meeting of the Council of Ministers under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, approval was given for the construction of the memorial of former Prime Minister Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Gwalior and the formation of an autonomous 'Atal Bihari Vajpayee Memorial Trust' under the Department of Culture.
- Necessary efforts will be made to spread awareness and sensitivity towards nation building and nation development among the youth through the memorial trust.
- A grand statue of Vajpayee ji and his life character will be promoted through audio-visual media. Well-organized public facilities will be developed around the statue site. Along with this, workshops, seminars, research, seminars, lectures etc. will be organized for conducting activities related to his philosophy of life.
- In the memorial complex, publication of literature related to Vajpayee ji and his philosophy of life will be done, and library/e-library of books, study centre for good governance and policy making will be established and for tourism development, water body, canteen, park etc. will be established.
- For the fulfillment of the objectives of the Trust, implementation will be done by establishing contact, coordination and cooperation with the Government of India, State Government, non-governmental institutions, organizations, national and international level bodies and individuals.