- 13 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On October 12, 2021, the order regarding the appointment of Amit Khare as Advisor to the Prime Minister was issued by the Union Ministry of Personnel.
- Amit Khare, a 1985 batch IAS officer of Bihar/Jharkhand cadre, retired from the post of Higher Education Secretary on 30 September this year.
- His major achievements/contributions are as follows-
- Exposing Bihar's fodder scam.
- Significant contribution in reshaping the country's National Education Policy, 2020.