Crop Insurance Claim Amount Payment
- 02 Jul 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On July 1, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Agriculture and Water Resources Minister Ravindra Choubey launched the statewide 'Crop Insurance Awareness Week' at his residence office in Raipur .
- The Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources flagged off awareness chariots to promote 'Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana' on the occasion. These raths will travel in the rural areas till July 15 and motivate the farmers to know about the provisions of crop insurance and to get crop insurance.
- On the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav, the 75th anniversary of the country's independence, publicity chariots were also dispatched from all the district headquarters of the state under the Crop Insurance Week.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, farmers will be able to insure paddy irrigated and unirrigated, Arhar, Moong, Urad, Maize and horticulture crops till July 15.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Agriculture Minister said that Chhattisgarh is the leading state in the country in terms of helping the farmers and getting them their due. Chhattisgarh is the first state in the country to have first paid its farmers the crop insurance claim amount for the Rabi season 2021-22.
- Even before the start of the kharif season, more than 1.5 lac farmers have been paid a claim amount of Rs.304.38 crore against the premium amount paid by them to them of Rs.15.96 crore.
- Given by more than 4 lac farmers of the state in kharif season 2021, the farmer premium amount has been paid to Rs 758 crore 43 lac in lieu of Rs 157 crore 65 lakh.
- It may be mentioned that under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, farmers have to pay only one and a half percent of the crop insurance premium, while the farmers have to contribute only 5 percent of the insurance premium amount for weather-based horticulture crops. The remaining premium amount is paid by the regime.