‘Tunhar Paudha Tuhar Dwar' Programme
- 02 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 1, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Forest and Climate Change Minister Mohammad Akbar launched the 'Tunhar Paudha Tunhar Dwar' program by flagging off two greenery propagation vehicles filled with different species of plants at his residence office in the capital Raipur.
- The objective of the programme is to encourage people towards clean environment and tree plantation in the State.
- Taking a special initiative by the Forest Department, under the 'Paudha Tunhar Dwar' scheme, free saplings are being supplied to the homes. Under the 'Paudha Tunhar Dwar' scheme, 1 to 5 saplings will be provided in the municipal corporation area, Raipur.
- It may be noted that more than 3 crore 12 lac saplings are currently available in all the 257 nurseries of the Forest Department for the successful implementation of the tree plantation programme in the state.
- Under the program 'Tunhar Paudha Tunhar Dwar' by the Forest and Climate Change Department, sapling distribution was started in all the forest divisions of the state during the current year.
- In this context, Industries and Excise Minister Kawasi Lakhma under Forest Division, Raigarh, MLA Raigad Prakash Nayak and District Panchayat President Nirakar Patel and MLA Arun Bora in Durg and District Panchayat President Shamini Yadav and Mayor Durg Dheeraj Bakliwal started free distribution of saplings.
- Similarly, free sapling distribution was started by MLA Devti Karma under Dantewada Forest Division, District Panchayat President Harish Kawasi under Sukma Forest Division and District Panchayat President Shankar Kudiyam under Bijapur Forest Division.