'Lakhpati Didi' Scheme
- 02 Jul 2022
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On July 1, 2022, Uttarakhand's Additional Secretary (Rural Development) Anand Swarup informed that under the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) of the Ministry of Rural Development, the Central Government has started work on the plan to make 3 lakh women Lakhpati of the state. .
- Anand Swarup said that under the 'Lakhpati Didi' scheme, the work of training co-ordinators at the block and district level has been started through the app. After the survey work is done, different works will be assigned to different groups of SGH so that their income can be up to one lakh rupees per year.
- Under the 'Lakhpati Didi' scheme for women belonging to Self Help Groups (SHGs), they will be encouraged to take up micro-enterprises with skill development. With this, 20,000 new self-help groups will be formed in the state in this financial year so that more and more women can get the benefit of the scheme.
- At present, 4 thousand 310 village organizations and 259 cluster level organizations have been formed by organizing 3 lakh 5 thousand women in 39,116 self-help groups in 95 blocks of the state.
- Sustainable, micro enterprises will be encouraged along with skill development to double the income of women associated with these organizations. For this, through the National Institute of Rural Development and the Uttarakhand Institute of Rural Development, women will be made skilled by training them in all new works.
- Till now women associated with SHGs are generally confined to work like pickle, papad, handicraft, vegetable, silk, fruit etc. In the coming days, these women will be made proficient in work like electrician, plumber, tent house, masons, manure making, organic farming, LED bulb making.
- These will be brought under one roof through the NRLM program to market the finished products by the SHGs, so that a chain can be formed by distributing the work to different groups. Under this, it will also be easier for the groups to take bank loans.
- Efforts will be made under the scheme for the state's products to get market at national and international level also. E-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Mantra, PayTM Mall and Government e-Market Place (GeM) are also being tied up to get fair market for women's products belonging to Self Help Groups.
- Additional Chief Executive Officer of Aajeevika Mission Pradeep Pandey informed that at present two state level Uttara outlets have been established in the state. One of them is established in Ranipokhari and one in Raipur. Their number will be increased in the coming days.
- Apart from this, 13 district level outlets (Saras Centres), 9 cluster outlets at block level, 33 nano packaging units and 24 growth centres have been established. An outlet has also been made at Jolly Grant airport. Apart from this, 17 temporary outlets have been set up on Chardham Yatra routes. Where finished products are sold on behalf of SHGs.