Chief Minister Launches 'Mukhyamantri Ladli Behna Awas Yojana'
- 18 Sep 2023
- 4 min read
Why In News?
On September 17, 2023, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Ladli Behna Awas Yojana’ in a state level program organized at Kushabhau Thackeray Auditorium.
- In the state level program held at Kushabhau Thackeray Auditorium, the Chief Minister inaugurated the scheme and also started the registration process by registering the applications of Mamta Chauhan and Deepak Bansal of Bhopal on the portal.
- The Chief Minister also got Sharmila Bai and Sangeeta Solanki registered in the gas cylinder refilling scheme started on September 15.
- The families who are left out of getting the benefit of housing facilities in various housing schemes will be provided housing under ‘Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Awas Yojana’.
- The Chief Minister said that ‘Mukhyamantri Ladli Brahmin Awas Yojana’ is a big step taken for the happiness and respect of the sisters. Under the scheme, houses will be provided to the families who are not included in Pradhan Mantri Awas, Awas Plus.
- More than 4 lakh 75 thousand beneficiaries will get the benefit of this new housing scheme. Houseless eligible families of all categories will get the benefit of this scheme, which has been made for the families deprived of the benefits of various housing schemes.
- Scheme Eligibility:
- Such families, whose applications have been automatically rejected on the Awas Plus App portal under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Rural.
- Such families, which have been left out of being registered on the MIS portal of the Government of India.
- Such families who are not included in the list of Social, Economic and Caste Census 2011 and Housing Plus and have not got housing in any government scheme.
- The scheme will also include those families who do not have houses with pitched roofs or who live in kutcha houses with up to two rooms.
- Such families whose monthly income is less than Rs 12 thousand and no member of the family is an income taxpayer.
- If you have 2.5 acres (about the area of a Manhattan city block) or more of irrigated agricultural land and more than 5 acres of non-irrigated agricultural land, you will not be able to avail the benefit of this scheme.
- Families who have motorized four-wheelers will not be eligible for this scheme.
- Even if any member of the family is in government service, he will not be eligible for this scheme.
- Documents required include Total ID, Aadhaar Number, Bank Account, MNREGA Job Card (if available), Ladli Behna Scheme Registration Number (only for Ladli Sisters). All these documents must be verified by the applicant himself, there is no need to get it verified by anyone else.
- The applications received will be registered on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural Portal. After verification by the District Panchayat Officer, the action for allotment of houses to the eligible families will be taken by the State Government.