Prime Minister Modi Launches 'PM Vishwakarma Yojana'
- 18 Sep 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 17, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored potter Anita Prajapati of Madhya Pradesh at the launch of 'PM Vishwakarma Yojana' in New Delhi. The Prime Minister also inaugurated the International Exhibition Center Yashobhoomi.
- The Prime Minister launched the tag line, logo and portal of PM Vishwakarma Yojana and released 18 postage stamps and tool-kit booklets focusing on 18 forms of craftsmanship. The Prime Minister also honored artisans associated with 18 disciplines by giving them certificates.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan participated virtually from Bhopal in this program organized on the birthday of the Prime Minister. Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar was also present in the program held at Ravindra Bhawan in Bhopal.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan honored the excellent performing students of ITI of the state in the All-India Handicraft Examination. A total of 20 trainees were honored, including two first position students, Ankita from Betul, Sapna Kushwaha from Gwalior and two students, Vivek Sahu from Bhopal and Hemant Rathore from Gwalior.
- Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Yojana
- Through this scheme, the skill system of the country is being adapted to the needs of the artisans of the nation. By taking advantage of the scheme, traditional artisans will be able to scale their skills.
- Through the scheme, by providing training and financial assistance to the skilled artisans and workers of every district, their skill, art and talent will be established at the national and international level.
- Under the scheme, skill verification of craftsmen and artisans like carpenters, blacksmiths, goldsmiths will be done at the district level. They will also be given training as per requirement. A stipend of Rs 500 will be given every day during the training.
- After training and skill verification, they will be given the PM Vishwakarma certificate. Every beneficiary will be given Rs 15,000 for the tool kit. An easy loan facility will be provided to start or expand your business.
- There is a provision for a collateral-free loan of Rs 1 lakh at the rate of 5% in the first phase, and a loan of Rs 3 lakh in the second phase.
- The minimum age of the artisan should be 18 years. The benefit of the scheme will be limited to one member of each family. Any person working in government service, or his relatives will not be eligible.