Important Facts For Prelims
Wings India 2020
- 20 Jan 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Wings India 2020 is a flagship event of the Indian Civil Aviation industry which will held at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad from 12th-15th March, 2020.
- Wings India 2020 is an international exhibition and conference on the civil aviation sector.
- Hyderabad being the hub of Aviation remains the natural host of the event.
- It will be jointly organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, Airport Authority of India (AAI) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The theme of the year 2020 is “Flying for All’’ and the focus is on the new business acquisition, investments, policy formation and regional connectivity in the civil aviation industry.
- It will be Asia’s largest and most popular gathering in the aviation industry.
Airports Authority of India
- It was constituted by an Act of Parliament and came into being on 1st April 1995 by merging erstwhile National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India.
- It is entrusted with the responsibility of creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure both on the ground and air space in the country.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- It was established in 1927 and is the largest and oldest apex business organisation in India.
- It is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation.
- It provides a platform for networking and consensus building within and across sectors and is the first port of call for Indian industry, policymakers and the international business community.