Optimum Utilization of Fly Ash
- 26 Jul 2018
- 2 min read
Recently, Ministry of Power has informed that ash produced by thermal power plants is being utilized in the manufacture of Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC), fly ash bricks/blocks/tiles manufacturing, road embankment construction & low lying area development, in agriculture as soil conditioner etc
- Fly ash is the end product of combustion during the process of power generation in the coal-based thermal power plants.
- Proper management of fly ash is important for not only the environment but for us also as the ash produced by the power plants occupies a lot of land space.
- At present, 63% of the fly ash is being utilised in India but the target is for 100% utilisation of the fly ash.
Government Initiatives for Optimum Utilization of Fly Ash:
- GST rates on fly ash and its products have been reduced to 5%.
- ASH TRACK Mobile App has been launched by the Ministry of Power for better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants.
- Ash-park, for promoting fly ash-based product manufacturing units, has been developed and awareness programme for utilisation of fly ash and its products have been conducted.
- “ASHTRACK” is a mobile-based application and a web portal for monitoring of fly ash generation and utilization data of Thermal Power Plants.
- It provides an interface between fly ash producers (Thermal Power Plants) and potential ash users such as – road contractors, cement plants etc.