NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- 28 Nov 2019
- 2 min read
Why in News
- The three day NuGen Mobility Summit is being held at Manesar in Haryana. It is organised by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
- It is the largest automotive technology event in the country so far.
- The theme of the event revolves around e-mobility and hydrogen mobility to ensure green, safe and affordable mobility.
- The objective of the summit is to share new ideas, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
- The event also emphasizes over importance of combining agricultural sector with the automobile sector.
- Increased agricultural production of non-edible oil can be used for manufacturing of biodiesel.,which in turn helps to reduce dependency on fossil fuels.
International Centre for Automotive Technology
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is a division of NATRIP Implementation Society (NATIS) under the Department of Heavy Industries.
- National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRIP) is the largest and most significant initiative in the automotive sector which comprises of representatives from the Government of India, a number of State Governments and Indian Automotive Industry.
- It aims to create a state of the art testing, validation and R&D infrastructure in the country.
- ICAT provides services for testing, validation, design of all categories of vehicles.
- It also intends to assist the automotive industry in adopting cutting edge technologies in vehicle evaluation and component development to ensure reliability, durability and compliance to the current and future regulations in new generation mobility solutions.