Naval Exercise - MILAN 2020
- 04 Mar 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
The Indian Navy has postponed its multi-nation mega naval exercise ‘MILAN’ due to continuing spread of the coronavirus.
- MILAN (11th edition) was scheduled to be held in Visakhapatnam from 18th - 28th March 2020.
- It is a biennial, multilateral naval exercise which started in 1995.
- The Navy has held 10 editions of the Milan exercise, with the theme of “synergy across the seas” to enhance professional interactions between friendly foreign navies and learn best practices from each other, since 1995.
- It was conducted at the Andaman and Nicobar Command until 2018.
- It is held under the aegis of Eastern Naval Command.
- Over 40 countries were expected to participate in the exercise in 2020.