Important Facts For Prelims
National Tribal Dance Festival 2022
- 05 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
Artists from across the world take part in the 3rd Edition of National Tribal Dance Festival in Raipur, Chhattisgarh on the event of state foundation day.
- Nearly 1,500 dancers from across India and countries like Mozambique, Mongolia, Tonga, Russia, Indonesia, Maldives, Serbia, New Zealand and Egypt arrived for the festival.
What is National Tribal Dance Festival?
- National Tribal Dance Festival is one of Chhattisgarh's grand festivals which celebrates diverse tribal communities and their culture not just in India but from across the globe.
- It is organised under the Tourism and Culture Department of Chhattisgarh.
- This festival aims to unite the tribal communities and provides an opportunity to educate about their rich culture for all.
- The first National Tribal Dance Festival was organised in 2019 and second in 2021.
What are the Indian Folk and Tribal Dances of India?
- Indian folk and tribal dances are simple dances, and are performed to express joy and happiness among themselves.
- Folk and tribal dances are performed for every possible occasion, to celebrate the arrival of seasons, birth of a child, a wedding and festivals.
- Men and women perform some dances exclusively, while in some performances men and women dance together.
Major Folk and Tribal Dance Forms of India
|State||Folk/Tribal Dance Form|
|Assam||Bagurumba, Bihu, Bhortal, Jhumur|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Bardo Chham|
|Gujarat||Dandiya Raas, Garba|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Dumhal|
|Kerala||Chakyar Koothu, Duffmuttu, Margamkali, Oppana, Padyani, Theyyam, Thirayattam|
|Karnataka||Hulivesha, Pata Kunitha|
|Madhya Pradesh||Grida, Maanch, Matki, Phulpati|
|Maharashtra||Lavani, Parvi Nach|
|Punjab||Bhangra, Giddha, Kikkli|
|Odisha||Chhau, Goti Pua, Baagh Naach, Dalkhai, Dhap, Gumra, Karma Naach, Keisabadi|
|Rajasthan||Ghoomar, Kalbelia, Kachchhi Ghodi|
|Tamil Nadu||Parai Attam, Kaaragattam, Kolattam, Mayil Attam, Paampu Attam, Oyilattam, Puliyattam, Poikal Kudirai Attam, Theru Koothu|
|Uttar Pradesh||Mayur Nritya, Charukala|
|West Bengal||Gambhira, Alkap, Domni|