National Conference on Crop Residue Management
- 10 Sep 2019
- 2 min read
- The conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in order to address concerns of farmers and State Governments.
- The straw burning incidents in 2018 have reduced by 15% and 41% as compared to that in 2017 and 2016 respectively.
- The conference has proposed to intensify In-Situ Management of Crop Residue to stop the straw burning.
- The multilingual Mobile App “Custom Hiring Centre (CHC) Farm Machinery” has also been launched for the farmers.
- Custom Hiring Centre (CHC) Farm Machinery Mobile App: It will connect the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centres in their area.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- It is an autonomous body responsible for coordinating agricultural education and research in India.
- It reports to the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.
- It is the largest network of agricultural research and education institutes in the world.