Jan Shikshan Sansthans
- 06 Jun 2019
- 1 min read
The government has waived the fee for SC/ST candidates, who join vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthan.
- Formerly under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Jan Shikshan Sansthans were transferred to the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in 2018.
Jan Shikshan Sansthan
- Jan Shikshan Sansthan (formerly known as Shramik Vidyapeeth) are established for providing vocational skills to non-literate, neo-literates as well as school dropouts by identifying skills that have a market in the region of their establishment.
- The scope of work of Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs) includes the following:
- Develop/Source appropriate curriculum and training modules covering vocational elements, general awareness and life enrichment components.
- JSS’s are encouraged to undertake training equivalent to courses designed by the Directorate of Adult Education, National Institute of Open Schooling and Director General, Employment & Training.
- Provide training to a pool of resource persons and master trainers for conducting training.
- Administer simple tests and award certificates.
- Network with employers and industries for trainees to get suitable placement