Information Fusion Centre- Sharing Maritime Data
- 09 Oct 2019
- 1 min read
The Information Fusion Centre for the Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) that was set up last year (in 2018) has started functioning as an information-sharing hub of maritime data.
- The centre will set up a line of action for incident responses to maritime security situations through a collaborative approach.
- The centre is administering a website to undertake the collection and dissemination of information on a daily basis and host the Monthly Maritime Security Update (MMSU) highlighting analysis on incidents, warnings, and advisories issued in the IOR.
- It is actively interacting with the maritime community and has already built linkages with 18 countries and 15 multinational/maritime security centres.
- All countries which have signed white shipping (commercial shipping information about the movement of cargo ships) information exchange agreements with India are IFC partners.
- Several Indian Ocean littoral states that have joined the coastal radar chain network include Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, and Seychelles.